Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Foreplay...

We’ve talked a lot about brands that tried to communicate with their fans before Bonnaroo, get their engagement started before the Roo even starts. Modcloth, Whole Foods, Fuse, and Stanley.

At the other end of the spectrum, there are a few partner brands who have said almost nothing about their plans at the Roo.

Aside from a link to their website from the partner page, I have no idea what Sharpie, Fender, Fatboy, or Onitsuka are doing. If you all are doing anything cool, please let us know! @brandaroo

In my opinion, the opportunity for a brand at a festival is to engage people and offer them something of value – tangible or not.

From fixing a flat tire to providing a respite from the heat and chaos of Centeroo, brands spend money to have the opportunity to engage people.

I think that brands who skip out on the foreplay or opportunity to pre-engage their audience are missing a really important opportunity.

I already know what to expect from Stanley and Fuse and Wholefoods and Butterfinger. I've added them to my list of places to see, because I know they have something of value for me (water bottle and filling stations, affordable healthy snacks, wifi and phone charging, and ice cream and air conditioned comedy).

Can't you even give us a hint about what your brand is bringing to the Roo?

You paid for the opportunity, now engage us dammit.

Otherwise, I'm just going to sit around between sets like these dudes, oblivious of your brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment