Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gimmie Shelter...

I was poking around for branding stories from the past, and I stumbled onto this one from Spin from 2007. It's an article/press release? about a contest in 2007.

"Bonnaroo officials, in conjunction with Coleman camping supplies, are holding a contest to determine the camper with the best festival digs."

I knew that Coleman had a branded store at the Roo in the past, offering everything from new gear to patches and essential replacement parts for air mattresses, tents, and all those innovative shelters we see built between cars, but I never heard about the best festival digs contest.
I rarely think about the Coleman brand. I often think about camping and playing in the woods, but Coleman isn't in my top of mind for outdoor brands.

I saw the new Coleman advertising work- "The original social networking site." I really like the strategy of the work and I think the throwback "Wonder Years"-esque art direction and Sam Elliot voice over make a great nostalgic plea to spend more time in front of a fire than a TV.

We're curious to see if Coleman does anything cool at the Broo this year. Will they have a store space? Anything guerrilla in the lot?

There is waaaaaay too much original social networking going on here for you all to be silent at the Broo.

Shout at us Coleman, we've got some ideas on how you can make your brand tag worthy.

We'll look for Coleman this year at the Roo, and we'll definitely be documenting some original social networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment